Fontenay Abbey Church / Cloister / Romanesque; Creation date: Founded 1119, begun date: 1139, consecration date: 1147, restoration date: ca.1906
Access to this resource is restricted.
About this Item
- Work Title
- Fontenay Abbey Church
- View Title
- patron: Everard, Bishop of Norwich (Cistercian, c.1139)
- Site: Fontenay, Abbaye de (Burgundy, France)
- Creation date: Founded 1119, begun date: 1139, consecration date: 1147, restoration date: ca.1906
- width across transepts: 30 m, length: 66 m
- Abbaye de Fontenay (Marmagne, Côte d'Or, France)
- Abbey churches
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- Classification Filing Number
- 175;F683;2ACk 2b;*.na
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 05:01:25
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Image Size
- 2695 x 1774
- File Size
- 636 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 980779. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-980779/05d108128. February 08, 2023.