Access to the full image is restricted.
- Work Title
- Ivory plaque of a lioness devouring a boy
- View Title
- Ivory plaque (possibly decoration on a stool). Detail: Scene of lioness attacking a figure, reed background
- Repository: British Museum (London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom)
- Creation date: 8th to 7th century
- ivory, carving
- Legacy Media/Technique
- Ivory inlaid with lapis lazuli, carnelian, partly gilded and plated with gold
- H. 10.5 cm.
- Plaques (Flat objects)
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- Classification Filing Number
- HART Image Order Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 05:12:26
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
- Add to Portfolio