Palatine chapel / Aachen Cathedral;Aachener Dom;Imperial Cathedral;Palace Chapel of Charlemagne / Interior, central octagon, railing in the 'classical' style / Carolingian; creation date: ca.786-794, creation date of choir: 1355-1414
Access to this resource is restricted.
About this Item
- Work Title
- Palatine chapel
- Aachen Cathedral;Aachener Dom;Imperial Cathedral;Palace Chapel of Charlemagne
- architect: central octagonal by Odo of Metz (Frankish, 790-805)
- Site: Aachen (North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
- height of audience hall: 47.42 m, width: 20.76 m, dimensions of gatehouse: 29.57×15.10
- Aachener Dom
- Charlemagne, King of the Franks (Frankish patron, 0742-0814)
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- Classification Filing Number
- 173;A111;2Ci 12h
- HART Image Order Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 08:28:59
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Image Size
- 3072 x 933
- File Size
- 389 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 970557. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-970557/10d001505. October 02, 2022.