Access to the full image is restricted.
- Work Title
- Hotel Palenque
- View Title
- "At one point evidently they decided to build some floors and decided that that wasn't a very good idea so they demolished them, but they left this kind of spiky, irregular, cantilevered effect coming off the side of the wall. It sort of suggests Piranesi."
- artist: Robert Smithson (American, 1938-1973)
- Performance location: University of Utah (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA)
- Owner of slides: Estate of Robert Smithson (New York, New York, USA)
- Creation date: 1969, performance date: 1972
- chromogenic-development slides, lecture
- count: 126 slides
- Performance art
- Color slides
- Hotels (Public accommodations)
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- Classification Filing Number
- 69-HP 1
- HART Image Order Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 08:25:27
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
- Add to Portfolio