The Migration Series, Panel No. 41, "The South was desperate to keep its cheap labor. Northern labor agents were jailed or forced to operate in secrecy." / The Migration Series / Detail / Creation date: 1940-1941
About this Item
- Work Title
- The Migration Series, Panel No. 41, "The South was desperate to keep its cheap labor. Northern labor agents were jailed or forced to operate in secrecy."
- The Migration Series
- View Title
- artist: Jacob Lawrence (African American, 1917-2000)
- Creation date: 1940-1941
- casein, tempera, hardboard, painting (image-making)
- Series (Groups)
- Paintings (visual works)
- Lawrence, Jacob, 1917-2000. Migration of the Negro series
- Law enforcement
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Classification Filing Number
- 382;L421;91M 41
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 756768. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-756768/1. December 03, 2022.