The Cotton Genesis / Cotton MS. Otho B. VI / Cotton Genesis, Abraham in a Deep Sleep; Abraham Listening to the Prophecy / Byzantine; Creation date: Late 5th century or early 6th century, destruction date: fire damage 1731
About this Item
- Creation location: probably Egypt (Egypt)
- Repository: British Library (London, United Kingdom) ID: Cotton MS. Otho B. VI
- Creation date: Late 5th century or early 6th century, destruction date: fire damage 1731
- gold leaf, parchment, illumination
- 33x25 cm (12.99x9.84 inches)
- Cotton Genesis
- Genesis (First book of OT)
- Lot (Biblical figure)
- Byzantine Empire
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Classification Filing Number
- 771.2C;6;11CG 22r
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 722424. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-722424/1. October 02, 2022.