Portrait of a Negro / Romantic; Creation date: ca. 1822-1823
About this Item
- Work Title
- Portrait of a Negro
- artist: Théodore Géricault (French, 1791-1824)
- Repository: Albright-Knox Art Gallery (Buffalo, New York, USA)
- oil on paper mounted on canvas, painting (image-making)
- 54.61 x 46.67 cm (21.5 x 18.37 inches)
- UMSD: University of Michigan Slide Distribution
- UMSD Set 8 - Paintings from the Albright-Knox Art Gallery
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Classification Filing Number
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 707162. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-707162/1. February 01, 2023.