The Standard of Ur / Royal Standard of Ur / War side. Detail: Detail of the Sumerian Army going into battle / Early Dynastic III (Mesopotamian); Creation date: ca. 2600 BCE
Access to this resource is restricted.
About this Item
- Discovery location: Tomb PG 779, Royal Cemetery of Ur, Babylonia - Tall al-Muqayyar (Iraq)
- Repository: British Museum (London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom) ID: ME 121201
- wood inlaid with shell, limestone, carnelian, and lapis lazuli
- 20.32x46.99 cm (8x18.5 inches)
- Ur (Extinct city)
- Royal tombs
- Funerary sculpture
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- Classification Filing Number
- 216;D.3U;9SW 3
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 04:55:26
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Image Size
- 2808 x 1968
- File Size
- 735 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 683195. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-683195/05d109901. December 03, 2022.