Notre-Dame / Notre Dame Cathedral;Notre Dame de Paris;Our Lady of Paris / West facade, portal of the Virgin, reliefs on the left door post: April, March / Gothic; creation date: choir 1163-1267, consecration date: 1182, restoration date: 1843-1864
Access to this resource is restricted.
About this Item
- architect: north transept by Jean de Chelles (French, -1270)
- architect: flying buttresses by Jean Ravy (French, -1345)
- architect: restoration by Eugène Viollet-le-Duc (French, 1814-1879)
- Image Creator/Culture
- photographer: James Austin (Australian, 1940-)
- Site: Paris (France)
- creation date: choir 1163-1267, consecration date: 1182, restoration date: 1843-1864
- width of facade: 36 m
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- HART Image Order Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2018-01-31 02:03:50
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Image Size
- 2040 x 5894
- File Size
- 701 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 1398624. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-1398624/romanesque_g307. January 29, 2023.