Les Tres Riches Heures du Duc de Berry / Book of Hours / Folio 86 verso (The Three Living and the Three Dead, detail) / Gothic; Creation date: 1413-1416, completion date: 1485-1486
Access to this resource is restricted.
About this Item
- illuminator: Limbourg Brothers (French, 1400-1416)
- illuminator: later miniatures probably by Barthélemy d' Eyck (French, 1444-1476)
- illuminator: completed by Jean Colombe (French, 1430-1493)
- parchment, ink, illumination
- 29x21 cm (11.42x8.27 inches)
- Three Living and Three Dead
- Crosses (Objects)
- Books of hours
- Très riches heures du duc de Berry
- Argout, Apollinaire-Antoine-Maurice, comte d’, 1782-1858
- Courts and courtiers
- Prayer books
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- HART Image Order Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-09-14 23:59:42
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Image Size
- 2826 x 1511
- File Size
- 458 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 1393016. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-1393016/16d000388. October 06, 2022.