La Madeleine / Basilique de la Madeleine;Church of Mary Magdalene;Ste Madeleine / Narthex, central portal, archivolt / Libra; October, gathering of the grapes / Romanesque; dedication date: ca. 1104, creation date: 12th century, rebuilding date: Chapter house, dormitory 1160-1165, restoration date: 1840-1859
Access to this resource is restricted.
About this Item
- founder: de Roussillon Girart (French, c.800-877)
- architect: restorations by Eugène Viollet-le-Duc (French, 1814-1879)
- Site: Vézelay (Burgundy, France)
- dedication date: ca. 1104, creation date: 12th century, rebuilding date: Chapter house, dormitory 1160-1165, restoration date: 1840-1859
- limestone, polychromy
- height: 18.5 m, width of tympanum: 9.25 m
- Libra (Astrology)
- Zodiac symbols
- Basilique de la Madeleine (Vézelay, France)
- Pilgrimage churches
- World Heritage area (UNESCO)
- Religious buildings
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- HART Image Order Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2014-12-04 23:58:32
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Image Size
- 2564 x 3600
- File Size
- 571 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 1369385. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-1369385/14ar1134. December 08, 2022.