Esther Scroll (Megillah) and Case / Esther 7:8, "...Haman was lying prostrate on the couch on which Esther reclined. 'Does he mean,' cried the king, 'to ravish the queen in my own palace?'" / creation date: scroll second half of the 18th century, creation date: case 18th century
Access to this resource is restricted.
About this Item
- Work Title
- Esther Scroll (Megillah) and Case
- View Title
- Esther 7:8, "...Haman was lying prostrate on the couch on which Esther reclined. 'Does he mean,' cried the king, 'to ravish the queen in my own palace?'"
- artist: Aaron Wolf Herlington (Jewish, c.1710-1757)
- Creation location: Vienna (Vienna, Austria)
- Repository: The Israel Museum (Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel)
- parchment, pens, ink, gold leaf, silver, painting (image-making), handwriting, illumination, casting, engraving (incising), gilding
- height of scroll: 7.6 cm (2.99 inches), length of scroll: 103.5 cm (40.75 inches), height of case: 19.5 cm, diameter of case: 1.7 cm
- Book illustrations
- Scroll paintings
- Scrolls (Information artifacts)
- Art, Jewish
- Hebrew alphabet
- Bible. Old Testament
- Cases (containers)
- Work Record ID
- Image Record ID
- Digital filename
- Classification Filing Number
- 758.15C;H300;43EC 7a;*.digitalonly
- HART Image Order Number
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 08:59:03
- History of Art, VRC Image Bank
- Image Size
- 2401 x 3072
- File Size
- 997 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials may be under copyright. If you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact the Department of the History of Art. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
History of Art Department, Visual Resource Collections. Image 1321993. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. URL: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/h/hart/x-1321993/12d000858. January 27, 2023.