A true and authentic statement of the prime cost of the PEACE with Algiers, concluded September 5th, 1795, between, Joseph Donaldson Esq.and Hassan Bashaw, Dey of Algiers.
|To be paid to the Dey,||180,000|
|The Dey's Family,||60,000|
|The Hasnagi, or Prime Minister,||8000|
|Redemption of 100 captives,||180,000|
|The Aga, or geueral commandant,||8,000|
|The Hodge de Cabelles (or inspector of the Dey's stable,)||7,000|
|The Viguelhadge, de la Marina (minis|ter of Marine,)||7,000|
|Cidi Aldrahaman, (the Dey's wife's Brother)||3,000|
|The Hodges de la Divan, (clerk of the Divan,)||12,000|
|Two Moorish Hodges (Clerks)||3,000|
|Two Cantadores (Dey's musicians)||2,000|
|The Dey's Drogerman, (messenger)||1,000|
|The Dey's Viguelhadge, (overseer of the palace)||2,000|
|The Hodges de la port, (Clerks of the palace,)||1,000|
|The Hasnidal, (the Dey's Treasurer,)||1,000|
|The Chouxes, (Constables)||1,500|
|The Pettimell, (Administrator on the estates of deceased persons,)||1,500|
|The Novagies, (the Dey's life guard)||1,000|
|The Casaba, (the old palace,)||2,500|
|The Officers of the Marine,||3,000|
|The Hodge of the Rappa, (Clerk of the Dey's wheat,)||1,000|
|Whole amount to be paid in Cash,||612,500|
- MARITIME STORES, To be brought to the Regency in all 1796.
- 500 Barrels of Gunpowder, was at Mr. Do|naldson's request, changed for the following articles:—
- 200 Barrels of Rosin.
- Page 171 10 Cables, of 10 and 11 inches.
- 10 Spars, of 90 feet length, and 32 inches diameter.
- 10 do. for yards, 80 feet length, and 20 in|ches diameter.
- 10 Tons of white Ropeyarn.
N. B. Should the value of the above men|tioned articles, not amount to 75,000 dollars, the remainder is to be brought in white Rope|yarns.
- The following articles was agreed to be paid exclu|sive of the powder.
- 50 Tons of Pig Lead.
- 10 Iron guns, twenty-four pounders, with carriages complete.
- 20,000 Cannon Balls, from twenty four to six pounders.
- 5,000 Double headed, do. do.
- 10 Cables, thirteen inches.
- 25 Tons Cordage, of different sizes.
- 200 Bolts of Canvas.
- 200 Barrels of Tar.
- 10 Barrels of Pitch.
- 10 Spars for masts, ninety feet long, thirty six inches diameter.
- 1,500 Pine Plank, forty four feet long, six inches thick.
- 1,500 Oak, do. do. do.
- 200 Pieces of pine Scantling.
- 2,000 Musket Barrels.
- 100 Spars for yards, eighty feet long, twen|ty inches diameter.
Page 172 It was likewise agreed to pay the value of 12,000 Algerine sequins annually, 〈◊〉 naval and military stores. Wednesday the 10th, 5,000 double headed shott were abated for 5000 single do. from twenty four to six poun|ders.