Here followeth a List of the Mames of all the Superiour Officers under the Command of the Honurable Sr. William Phipps, Knight; General of their Majesties forces for this present Expedition, against Nova Scotia or L'Accadie• and also the Number of all the Inf••••• Officers Sea-men and private Centinels belonging to the said Forces both by sea and Land.
1st. The Admiral, the Six Friends, 42 guns mounted. 〈◊〉 Gregory Sugars Capt-Lieut•, Samuel Adams Lieut•. Samuel Emes Master, Briant Smith Mate John Winslow, Richard Willy, William Gibbins, & Daniel Pounding Reformadoes. Francis Knox 〈◊〉 Joseph Fuller Carpenter. John Rose 〈◊〉. Daniel St•ddard 〈◊〉 Philip Nineham Cook, with 106 inferior officers Sea-men & Boyes. 120
2. The Por•upine. 16 gunns and 6 petteraroes besides small 〈◊〉 Capt. Cyprian Southack Commander, David Mason Lieut•. David •as|sot Master. with 114 inferior Officers, seamen & boyes. 117
3. The Mary Sloop. 8 gunns besides small Armes. 〈◊〉 Capt. John Alden Commander. William Alden Master. Isaac Reed ••nner and 9 sea-men 12, 12
4. The Ship Union, 4 gunns. Capt. John Brown Commander, Jonathan Gardner mate; and 13 inferior Officer & sea-men 15
5. The Mary Ann Ketch, 2 Gunns. Capt. Gregory Sugars Command•. Thomas Miller mate, and 7 inferiour officers & seamen. 9
6. The Lark Ketch, John Walk Command. William D••nten mat•. and 5 Seamen. 7
7. The Batchelour-Ketch John Welch, Commander, a Mate, 3 men and one Boy. 6
Belonging to the Fleet. 286
Page 16The Foot Regiment.
1. William Johnson, Major, Edward Willy, Captain-Li••• Edward •eeden, 〈◊〉. Four Serjeants, Four Corporals, one Clerk, one Drum, and 53 private Centinels. 6•
2. Nathaniel Wade, Captain. Nathaniel Barsham, Lieutenant Thomas Emmons, Ensign. 4 Sarjeants. 4 Corporals. One Clerk one Dr•m, and 72 private Centinels. 8•
3. Andrew Gardner, Captain, Samuel Craft, Lieutenant, Samue• Sumner, Ensign, one Clerk, one Drum, and •1 private Cent. 64
4. Edward Creek, Captain, Richard Keates, Liutenant, Thomas Groce, Ensign, 4 Sarjeants, 4 Corporals, one Clerk, one Drum, and 55 private Centinels. 68
5. Stephen Cross, Captain, Robert Knowlton, Lieut', Philip Nelson, Ensign, 4 Sarjeants, 4 Corporals, one Clerk; one Drum, and 44 private Centinels. 57
6. Daniel King, Captain, Jonathan Gardner, Lieutenant, James Dennis, Ensign, 4 Sarjeants, 4 Corporals, one Clerk, one Drum, and 42 Centinels. 55
7. Thomas Barnard, Captain, William Shiprive, Lieut', Joses Bucknam, Ensign, 4. Sarjeants, 4 Corporals, one Clerk, one Drum, and 38 private Centinels. ••
The Foot Regiment. 446
Belonging to the Fleet. 286
The Reverend Mr. Joshua Moodey, Minister, Mr. Henry Dearing, Commissary-General, Caleb Ray Marshal, and Joshua Natstock Clerk.
The whole Mumber 736
GOD Save King WILLIAM and Queen MART.