|Author:||Moore, Thomas, Junior.|
|Title:||A fuller discovery of the dangerous principles and lying spirit of the people called Quakers made manifest in George Whitehead, John Whitehead and George Fox the younger, in their book against Iohn Horne and Thomas Moore of Lin Regis in Northfolk / written by the said Thomas Moore and Iohn Horne for the fuller satifaction of all such as desire to be further satisfied about the evil and erroniousnesse of the said people called Quakers.|
|Publication info:||Ann Arbor, Michigan: University of Michigan, Digital Library Production Service
2011 December (TCP phase 2)
A fuller discovery of the dangerous principles and lying spirit of the people called Quakers made manifest in George Whitehead, John Whitehead and George Fox the younger, in their book against Iohn Horne and Thomas Moore of Lin Regis in Northfolk / written by the said Thomas Moore and Iohn Horne for the fuller satifaction of all such as desire to be further satisfied about the evil and erroniousnesse of the said people called Quakers.
Moore, Thomas, Junior., Horn, John, 1614-1676.
London: Printed for John Allein ..., 1660.
Attributed to Thomas Moore, Junior, by Wing.
Imperfect: cropped, faded and stained, with loss of text; best copy available for photographing.
Reproduction of original in Union Theological Seminary Library, New York.
Whitehead, George, -- 1636?-1723. -- Brief discovery of the dangerous principles of John Horne and Thomas Moore, junior.
Whitehead, John, -- 1630-1696.
Fox, George, -- d. 1661.
Brief discovery of the dangerous principles of John Horne and Thomas Moore, junior.
Society of Friends -- Controversial literature.
THE EPISTLE TO THE READER.
A FULLER DISCOVERY Of the Dangerous Principles and Lying spirit of the PEOPLE Called Quakers, Made manifest in George Whitehead, John Whitehead, and George Fox the Younger, in their Book against John Horne, and Tho. Moore of Lin.
The Reply to their Book.
To their foolish Questions in their Post-script, we say,
A multitude of Questions under 26. Heads, sent by George Whitehead, and since own∣ed by him, and by John Whitehead and George Fox the younger, as sent by them all, to John Horn, and Thomas Moor junior,
An Answer to the Questions forementioned.
1. Que. Their first question is, whether do you own that Christ hath two Bodies, one in Heaven, and another on Earth, yea or nay?
W. and F. Quest. 2. Whether the Body of Christ which is the fulnesse of God, whereof the Saints are members, is a Body of Flesh and Bones in the Heavens? yea or nay.
W. F. 3. Querie, Whether did the body of flesh and bones wherein Christ suffered de∣scend from Heaven into the lower parts of the earth, yea or nay? seeing no man hath as∣cended up to Heaven, but the Son of man which came down from Heaven, and it is the same that descended into the lower parts of the earth, that ascended far above all hea∣vens, that he might fill all things, Ephes. 4. 9, 10. Psal. 68. 18.
Q. 5 W. and F. And if he which descended into the lower parts of the earth, be a person of flesh and bones which ascended far above all Heavens; What is that place he is in far a∣bove all Heavens which is not Heaven?
Quest. What is that place he is in, far above all Heavens which is not Heaven?
Quest. 6. Whether do you believe that all the Heavens are local places one above another, and above the Firmament which is called Heaven? Yea or nay.
7. Que. Can a body of Flesh and Bones be both in the Heavens and far above them all, and fill all things at one and the same time? Yea or nay.
8. Que. Seeing Thomas Moor did not own that Christs Body is a carnal body in Hea∣ven: how is it that you say his Body is a body of Flesh and Bones (or a Humane Body) with∣out Blood in it; Is not a Fleshly body Carnal?
Quest. 9. Can any local place contain that Glory which Christ had with the Father be∣fore the world was, wherein he is glorified?
Quest. 10. Where or how came Christ into the house where his Disciples were met after Page 104 his Resurrection, the doors being shut? John 20. 19. 26. Have not some of you said, that then his body being spirituallized it glided in at the key hole of the door, for so it hath been spoken concerning some of your way.
Quest. 11. Whether the same Christ who in the dayes of his flesh suffered persecution, whose body was subject to hunger and affliction, be not made a quickening spirit, 1 Cor. 15. 49. and yet his flesh and blood is so nigh to every true believer, that his flesh is his meat indeed, and his blood is his drink indeed, &c?
12. Query. And if the blood of Christ that was shed be the drink indeed, and the purger of the conscience, where is that blood, if not in Christs flesh as you affirmed, seeing that men must drink the blood of Christ, as well as eat his Flesh, or else they have no life in them?
Quest. 13. And was the Blood of Christ that was shed, separate from his body, and then bearing record on the earth when John wrote those words, 1 John 5. 8.
Quest. 14. And how can the blood of Christ either cleanse any from sin, or give life to any, if the life of Christ be not in it, as Thomas Moor affirmed.
Quest. 15. How many comings of Christ do you own, seeing you have his second coming without sin to salvation yet to look for?
16. Query, What are those seeds that must have every one his own body in the Resur∣rection, and whether are they Natural, or Spiritual?
17. Query, And must not every seed have a body of its one Nature?
Quest. 18. And whether the wicked upon whom after Death Judgement is come, whose Souls are in Hell, must afterward come out of Hell again to receive a second Judgement?
Question, 19. Whether the receiving Bread and Wine to shew the Lords death, be to continue an Ordinance in the Church till the end of the World, yea or nay?
20. Que. And whether doth the receiving Bread and Wine alone, without on out∣ward passeover, really figure forth the death of Christ?
21. Query. And how must the life of Christ be shown forth? And when? If people must receive Bread and Wine as a continuing Ordinance in this life, alwayes to shew forth the death of Christ?
22. Query. What is your ground for sprinkling the Children of them you count Believers? Have you ever a command from God, or evident example for it, if you have shew it?
23. Query. Whether do you own such Preachers as take Tythes, or Preach for hire, or for gifts, and rewards, yea or nay?
24. Query. What is the Soul of man which the Word of God is to save, and what is the difference between the Soul and the Spirit, seeing the Word of God divides them asunder?
25. Question. Whether men must be justified by the same Righteousnesse of Christ in them, which Sanctifies them, yea or nay?
26. Question. What is that Light with which Christ lighteth every man that com∣eth into the World, which Thomas Moor said is both natural and Spiritual?