Military instructions for the cavallrie, or, Rules and directions for the service of horse collected out of divers forrein authours, ancient and modern, and rectified and supplied according to the present practice of the Low-Countrey warres.
Cruso, John, d. 1681.
How to cite | |
¶A Table of the Chapters.
- Of levying men.
- Chap. 1 OF Officers in generall page 1
- Chap. 2 Of the Generall of horse page 2
- Chap. 3 Of the Lieutenant Generall horse ibid.
- Chap. 4 Of the Commissary Generall page 3
- Chap. 5 Of the Quartermaster Generall ibid.
- Chap. 6 Of the Captain page 4
- Chap. 7 Of the Lieutenant ibid.
- Chap. 8 Of the Cornet page 5
- Chap. 9 Of the particular Quartermasters ibid.
- Chap. 10 Of the Corporalls page 6
- Chap. 11 Of the Trumpetters ibid.
- Chap. 12 Of the Auditor ibid.
- Chap. 13 Of the Provost Marshall ibid.
- Of Souldiers in generall.
- Chap. 14 Of the corruption of the Cavallry page 7
- Chap. 15 How to reform the Cavallry page 8
- Chap. 16 Of distributing booty ibid.
- Chap. 17 Of the souldiers pay page 9
- Chap. 18 Of supplying the Cavallry with good horses page 10
- Chap. 19 Of the proportion of Cavallry with the In∣fantery page 11
- Of Souldiers in particular.
- Chap. 20 Of the enrolling of a Souldier, and his qua∣lities page 11
- Chap. 21 Of the arming of the Cavallry, and their kinds page 12
- Chap. 22 Of the Lancier his arming ibid.
- Chap. 23 Of arming the Cuirassier ibid.
- Chap. 24 Of arming the Harquebusier and Carabine page 14
- Chap. 25 Of arming the Dragon ibid.
- Chap. 26 Of exercise in generall, and the necessity of it ibid.
- Chap. 27 Of managing the horse page 15
- Chap. 28 Of exercising the Lance in their postures page 16
- Chap. 29 Of exercising the Cuirassier in their postures page 18
- Chap. 30 Of exercising the Harque∣busier and Carabine in their postures page 20
- Chap. 31 Of exercising the Dragon in the postures page 20
- Chap. 32 Of exercising the Cavallry in their motions page 21
- Of Marching.
- Chap. 1 OF Guides page 26
- Chap. 2 Of intelligence ibid
- Chap. 3 Of the order of marching page 27
- Chap. 4 Of scouts and discoverers ibid.
- Chap. 5 Of the order of marching by day page 28
- Chap. 6 Of the order of marching by night ibid.
- Chap. 7 How the baggage is to march page 29
- Of Encamping.
- Chap. 1 OF making the quarters page 29
- Chap. 2 Of distributing the quarters page 30
- Chap. 3 Of the necessity of securing the quarters ibid.
- Chap. 4 Of the manner of securing the quarters ib.
- Chap. 5 Of the Rendez-vous, or alarm-place page 32
- Chap. 6 Of the guards ibid.
- Chap. 7 Of the Sentinels page 33
- Chap. 8 Of scouts to discover the high-wayes page 34
- Chap. 9 Of forraging page 35
- Chap. 10 Of Garrisons page 36
- Chap. 11 Of Spies ibid.
- Chap. 12 Of dislodging page 37
- Of Embattelling.
- Chap. 1 HOw to assail a quarter page 38
- Chap. 2 Of giving the charge page 39
- Chap. 3 Of embuscadoes page 40
- Chap. 4 How to do, meeting the enemie marching page 42
- Chap. 5 How to receive the charge ibid.
- Chap. 6 Of ordering the troops for combat by single companies page 43
- Chap. 7 How the Cavallry are to fight against foot page 46
- Chap. 8 Of ordering the Cavallry in battell ibid.
- Chap. 9 Of certain ceremonies before fight page 50