|Author:||Church of England.|
|Title:||Articles of religion, agreed upon by both Houses and the principall divines thorough [sic] all England and Wales for the avoiding of diversities of opinions whereunto is added His Majesties declaration in confirming the same.|
|Publication info:||Ann Arbor, Michigan: University of Michigan, Digital Library Production Service
2011 December (TCP phase 2)
This keyboarded and encoded edition of the work described above is co-owned by the institutions providing financial support to the Early English Books Online Text Creation Partnership. Searching, reading, printing, or downloading EEBO-TCP texts is reserved for the authorized users of these project partner institutions. Permission must be granted for subsequent distribution, in print or electronically, of this text, in whole or in part. Please contact project staff at email@example.com for further information or permissions.
Articles of religion, agreed upon by both Houses and the principall divines thorough [sic] all England and Wales for the avoiding of diversities of opinions whereunto is added His Majesties declaration in confirming the same.
Church of England.
London: Printed for Theophilus Brown, 1642.
|Alternate titles:||Thirty-nine articles|
England and Wales. Sovereign (1625-1649 : Charles I)
"Published by His Majesties speciall command"
Church of England -- Creeds.
By the King.
ARTICLES OF RELIGION.
1. Of faith in the holy Trinity.
2. Of the Word or Son of God, which was made very man.
3. Of the going down of Christ into hell.
4. Of the Resurrection of Christ.
5. Of the holy Ghost.
6. Of the sufficiencie of the holy Scriptures for salvation.
7. Of the old Testament.
8. Of the three Creeds.
9. Of originall birth or sin.
10. Of free will.
11. Of the Iustification of man.
12. Of good works.
13. Of works before justification.
14. Of works of supererogation.
15. Of Christ alone without sin.
16. Of sin after Baptisme.
17. Of Predestination and Election.
18. Of obtaining eternall salvation onely by the Name of Christ.
19. Of the Church.
20. Of the authority of the Church.
21. Of the authority of generall Councels.
22. Of Purgatorie.
23. Of ministring in the congregation.
24. Of speaking in the Congregation in a knowne tongue.
25, Of the Sacraments.
26. Of the unworthinesse of the Ministers which hinder not the effect of the Sacraments.
27. Of Baptisme.
28. Of the Lords Supper.
29. Of the wicked which eat not the body of Christ in the use of the Lords Supper.
30. Of both kindes.
31. Of Christs one Oblation.
32. Of the Traditions of the Church.
33 Of excommunicate persons, and how they are to be avoided.
34. Of Traditions of the Church.
35. Of Homilies.
36. Of Consecration of Ministers.
37 Of the civill Magistrates.
38. Of Christian mens goods, which are not common.
39. Of a Christian mans oath.
40. The Ratification.