Gospel-conversation: wherein is shewed, I. How the conversation of believers must be above what could be by the light of nature. II. Beyond those that lived under the law. III. And suitable to what truths the Gospel holds forth. By Jeremiah Burroughs, preacher of the Gospel to Stepney and Criplegate, London. Being the third book published by Thomas Goodwyn, William Greenhil, Sydrach Simpson, Philip Nye, William Bridge, John Yates, William Adderly.
Burroughs, Jeremiah, 1599-1646., Goodwin, Thomas, 1600-1680.
How to cite | |
READER, Thou hast here the Names of the Books that are lately published of Mr. Jeremiah Burroughs: As also the Texts of Scripture upon which they are grounded.
- 1. An Exposition with Practical Observations on the 4, 5, 6, & 7. Chapters of HOSEA.
- 2. A Treatise of EARTHLY MINDEDNES: Wherein is shewed: 1. What Earthly-mindedness is, 2. The great evil thereof, on Phil. 3. part of the 19. verse. Also to the same Book is joyned a Treatise of Heavenly-mindedness, and walking with God, on Gen. 5. 24. And on Phil. 3. 20.
- 3. The rare JEWEL of Christian CONTENTMENT, on Phil. 4. 11. Wherein is shewed: 1. What Contentment is, 2. It is an holy Art and Mysterie, 3. The Excellencies of it, 4. The evil of the con∣trary sin of Murmuring, and the Agravations of it.
- 4. GOSPEL-WORSHIP, on Levit. 10. 3. Wherein is shewed: 1. The right manner of the Worship of God in general: 2. And particu∣larly, in Hearing the Word, Receiving the Lords Supper, And Prayer.
- 5. GOSPEL-CONVERSATION, on Philip. 1. 27. Wherein is shewed: 1. That the Conversation of Beleevers must be above what could be by the light of Nature, 2. Beyond those that lived under the Law, 3. And sutable to what Truths the Gospel holds forth. To which is added, The Misery of those Men that have their Portion in this Life only; on Psal. 17. 14.
All which are published by
- Thomas Goodwin,
- Sydrach Simpson,
- William Greenhil,
- William Bridge,
- John Yates,
- William Adderly.
All printed by Peter Cole, at the Printing-Press in Cornhil, at the Royal Exchange, in LONDON.