Spiritual Refining: OR A TREATISE OF GRACE and ASSURANCE. Wherein are handled,
- The Doctrine of Assurance.
- The Use of Signs in Self-examination.
- How true Graces may be distinguished from counterfeit.
- Several true Signs of Grace, and many false ones.
- The Nature of Grace under divers Scripture Notions or Titles, as Regeneration, The New-creature, The Heart of flesh, Vo∣cation, Sanctification, &c.
- Many chief Questions (occasionally) controverted between the Orthodox and the Arminians.
- As also many Cases of CONSCIENCE. Tending to
- Comfort and confirm Saints.
- Undeceive and convert Sinners.
Being CXX Sermons Preached and now Published by Anthony Burgess sometime Fellow of Emanuel Colledge in Cambridge, and now Pastor of the Church of Sutton-Coldfield in Warwickshire.
LONDON, Printed by A. Miller for Thomas Underhill at the Anchor and Bible in Pauls Church-yard, near the little North-door, 1652.