A posing question, put by the wise man, viz. Solomon, to the wisest men concerning making a judgment of the temporal conditions : wherein you have the ignorance of man (in knowing, what is good, or evil, for man in this life) discovered, together, with the mistakes that flow from it : and the great question resolved, viz. whether the knowledg of, what is good for a man in this life, be so hid from man, that no man can attain it
Baxter, Benjamin, Preacher of the Gospel., Baxter, Richard, 1615-1691.
- 2. What do you make of an Afflicted Condition:
- Affliction is, 1. God's Furnace, to
- 2. God's School.
- In a School, there is a
- Affliction is God's Rod, to beat somewhat
- Into us.
- Out of us.
- Five Queries, concerning what Instructions, Afflictions have Sealed.
- 3. Affliction is God's Plough.
- The work of the Plough, shewed in 3. Particulars.
- 4. Afflictions are God's Physick.
- What kind of Physick, shewed in 3. Particulars.