A posing question, put by the wise man, viz. Solomon, to the wisest men concerning making a judgment of the temporal conditions : wherein you have the ignorance of man (in knowing, what is good, or evil, for man in this life) discovered, together, with the mistakes that flow from it : and the great question resolved, viz. whether the knowledg of, what is good for a man in this life, be so hid from man, that no man can attain it
Baxter, Benjamin, Preacher of the Gospel., Baxter, Richard, 1615-1691.
- 2. In Viewing a Condition, take a right standing: Particular Directions about that.
- Quest. How a man may know, Whether a Prosperous Condition be good for him?
- 1. If Temporal, hinder not Spiritual Prosperity.
- 2. Vsing the things of that Condition, with right considerations.
- (viz.) Of their
- Our own Mortality.
- Our Accompt.
- 3. Not forgetting the Afflictions of Joseph.