Life eternall or, A treatise of the knowledge of the divine essence and attributes Delivered in XVIII. sermons. By the late faithfull and worthy minister of Iesus Christ, Iohn Preston, D. in Divinity, chaplaine in ordinary to his Majestie, master of Emmanuel Colledge in Cambridge, and sometimes preacher of Lincolns Inne.
Preston, John, 1587-1628., Ball, Thomas, 1589 or 90-1659., Goodwin, Thomas, 1600-1680.
- Miracles in Scripture reall. Part. 1, Pag. 49
- Difference betweene faith and reason: Part. 1, Pag. 46
- Reason for that faith beleeveth: Ibid.
- Reason raised by faith. Part. 1, Pag. 47
- Purposes grounded on reason. Part. 2, Pag. 118
- VVee must get strong reasons for our resolution. Part. 2, Pag. 119
- VVe should regard the Lord in three things. Part. 1, Pag. 171
- Rejoyce, see Immensity.
- See Almighty.
Religion, see False.
- Repentance, how attributed to God. Part. 2, Pag. 76
- Gods gifts and calling without Repentance. Part. 2, Pag. 84
- Resolution, meanes to helpe it. Part. 2, Pag. 119
- Resolution must be renewed: Part. 2, Pag. 122
- See Desire.
- Reject, see Pray.
- Of resting in things concerning a mans selfe. Part. 1, Pag. 151
- He that lookes for reward from men, makes himselfe his end Part. 1, Pag. 15
- VVe should reverence God why Part. 2, Pag. 145
- Page [unnumbered]GOD righteous in his wayes: Part. 2, Pag. 79
- The roote of all sin what: Part. 1, Pag. 66
- That which goeth by a rule may erre: Part. 1, Pag. 144
- We should let the Spirit rule: Part. 2, Pag. 19
- How to know when the Spirit beareth rule: Part. 2, Pag. 22
- See confusion.