The theorike and practike of moderne vvarres discoursed in dialogue vvise. VVherein is declared the neglect of martiall discipline: the inconuenience thereof: the imperfections of manie training captaines: a redresse by due regard had: the fittest weapons for our moderne vvarre: the vse of the same: the parts of a perfect souldier in generall and in particular: the officers in degrees, with their seuerall duties: the imbattailing of men in formes now most in vse: with figures and tables to the same: with sundrie other martiall points. VVritten by Robert Barret. Comprehended in sixe bookes.
Barret, Robert, fl. 1600.
- Taladro, a Spanish word, and is an instrument or engine to mount any peece of ordinance vp into Page [unnumbered] Cariage.
- Taisses, a French vvord, and is the arming of the thighes, annexed vnto the forepart of the Corslet.
- Terraplene, an Italian vvord, and is the earth that is rampired and filled vp vnto the inside of any vvall or bulwarke.
- Tertio, a Spanish vvord, and is a Regiment of souldiers.
- Tertiare, a Spanish vvord, and is to third the pike, either to beare the same vpon his shoulder, or to charge the same euer hand.
- Trauessa, a Spanish vvord, and is a flanker of a wall.
- Tragon, is the reareward of the squadron, or battell.
- Trench, a French vvord, is the ditch about the vvall.
- Tenaza, a Spanish vvord, is a little hold or Keepe made of one Curtine or Bulwarke.