The Newcastle and Gateshead directory: for 1782, 83, and 84. Containing the names, trades, and situation of the warehouses, shops, &c. ...
Whitehead, William, of Newcastle.
How to cite | |
From the difficulty which always attends a work 〈◊〉 this kind, especially when done alphabetically the following names have been omitted in the• proper places.
- AINSWORTH Tho. brackham-maker, nea• head of Fenkell-street.
- Alder Caleb, upholdsterer, Groatmarket, h.
- Atkinson Henry, fitter's-office, Quay-side, m.
- Aubone Thomas, Sun-Fire-office, Close, m.
- Bainbridge Wm. publican, Firth-Banks, h.
- Bilton Wm. glover, High-bridge, m.
- Boutflower John, flour-merch. Butcher-ba. f.
- Bryson James, shoe-maker, Westgate-street, m.
- Coates Mrs, tin-plate-worker, &c. Side, f.
- Greenwell & Brown, iron-mongers and Sadle• Middle-street, f.
- Humble Edward, Royal Exchange, Insurance office from Fire, Side, f.
- Hadderwick Aaron, ingrosser and writer to a•¦tornies, east end of Quayside.
- Lushington, Rev. Mr, vicar, Westgate-street, •
- Smith Alex. china-mender, Northumb. str. m.
- Young —, grocer and tea-dealer, Side, m.
- Mitchel Alexander, flour-dealer, Pipewelgate, •
- Bell Mrs, publican, Pipewelgate, f.
- Bowman John, parish clerk, Oakwelgate, m.
- Craig James, peruke-maker, Pipewelgate, h.
- Page 55Emmerson Nich. peruke-maker, Pipewelgate, m
- Falcon Rev. John, curate and school-master, Hilgate, m.
- Hawks Wm. and Co. iron-mongers, anchor∣smiths, and founders, Battle-bank, h.
- Henderson G. publican, Ad. Rodney, Battleb f.