Finding the Public Domain: Copyright Review Management System ToolkitSkip other details (including permanent urls, DOI, citation information)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to use this work in a way not covered by the license. :
For more information, read Michigan Publishing's access and usage policy.
- Cohen, Julie E., Lydia Loren, Ruth L. Okediji, and Maureen Anne O’Rourke, eds. Copyright in a Global Information Economy, 4th ed. (New York: Wolters Kluwer, 2015).
- Cornell University. “Checklist for Conducting a Fair Use Analysis before Using Copyrighted Materials” (Revised for use by Cornell University from the “Checklist for Fair Use,” a project of the IUPUI Copyright Management Center, directed by Kenneth D. Crews, Associate Dean of the Faculties for Copyright Management), accessed January 20, 2016, https://copyright.cornell.edu/policies/docs/Fair_Use_Checklist.pdf.
- Crews, Kenneth D. Copyright Law for Librarians and Educators: Creative Strategies and Practical Solutions, 3rd ed. (Chicago: ALA Editions, 2012).
- Europeana. “Public Domain Calculator,” accessed January 20, 2016, http://archive.outofcopyright.eu/index.html.
- Fishman, Stephen. Copyright and the Public Domain (New York: Law Journal Press, 2008).
- Geller, Paul Edward, and Melville B. Nimmer. International Copyright Law and Practice (Newark, NJ: Matthew Bender, 2009).
- Georgetown Law. “Copyright Law Research Guide,” last modified December 8, 2015, http://www.law.georgetown.edu/library/research/guides/copyright.cfm.
- Goldstein, Paul. International Copyright: Principles, Law, and Practice, 3rd ed. (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013).
- Hirtle, Peter. “Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States,” last modified January 3, 2016, http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm.
- Hirtle, Peter B., Emily Hudson, and Andrew T. Kenyon. Copyright and Cultural Institutions: Guidelines for Digitization for US Libraries, Archives, and Museums (Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Library, 2009).
- Mannapperuma, Menesha A., Brianna L. Schofield, Andrea K. Yankovsky, Lila Bailey, and Jennifer M. Urban. “Is It in the Public Domain?,” last modified May 27, 2014, https://www.law.berkeley.edu/files/FINAL_PublicDomain_Handbook_FINAL%281%29.pdf.
- Nimmer, Melville B., and David Nimmer. Nimmer on Copyright (New York: Matthew Bender, 1978–).
- Ockerbloom, John. “The Online Books Page: Copyright Registration and Renewal Records,” accessed January 20, 2016, http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/cce/.
- Padfield, Tim. Copyright for Archivists and Records Managers, 5th ed. (London: Facet Publishing, 2015).
- Patry, William. Patry on Copyright (Eagen, MN: Thomson/West, 2006).
- Smith, Kevin L. Owning and Using Scholarship: An IP Handbook for Teachers and Researchers (Chicago: American Library Association, Association of College and Research Libraries, 2014).
- Stanford University Libraries. “Copyright and Fair Use,” accessed January 20, 2016, http://fairuse.stanford.edu.
- Stanford University Libraries & Academic Information Resources. “Copyright Renewal Database,” accessed January 20, 2016, http://collections.stanford.edu/copyrightrenewals/.
- Stim, Richard. Getting Permission: How to License & Clear Copyrighted Materials Online & Off, 5th ed. (Berkeley, CA: Nolo, 2013).
- Sunstein Kann Murphy & Timbers. “Copyright Flowchart,” accessed January 20, 2016, http://sunsteinlaw.com/practices/copyright-portfolio-development/copyright-pointers/copyright-flowchart/.
- US Copyright Office. “Circulars and Brochures,” accessed January 20, 2016, http://copyright.gov/circs/.
- US Copyright Office. Compendium of US Copyright Office Practices, last modified December 22, 2014, http://copyright.gov/comp3/.
- World Intellectual Property Organization. “WIPO Lex,” accessed January 20, 2016, http://www.wipo.int/wipolex/en/.