- Title marc245
- Hotchkiss & Mercer : Bay City, Michigan.
- Varying Form of Title marc246
- [Map of the Saginaw River].
- Main Entry - Corporate Name marc110
- Hotchkiss & Mercer.
- Added Entry - Personal Name marc700
- Hotchkiss, George Woodward, 1831-
- Published marc260
- New York : publisher not identified,
- Description marc300
- 1 map ; 56 x 28 cm
- Note marc500
- The maps shows the location of saw mills, salt wells, and solar works.
- Also includes chart showing with distances between locations and the quanity of lumber, salt, saves, and shingles shipped in 1864.
- Includes colorful text across map. Much of this text is cut off in the Clark verison. Portions of the text appear to read "[Hot]chkiss & M[ercer] Bay City, Michigan [?]ers in and inspect[?]...[Comme]rical Brok[erage]."
- Publisher information is cut off on the bottom left corner.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term marc650
- Industries Maps.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name marc651
- Saginaw River (Mich.) Maps.
- Map Data marc255
- Scale ca. 1:58,700 (W 83°58'12"--W 83°50'12"/N 43°39'32"--N 43°23'08").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data marc034
- a 58700 W0835812 W0835012 N0433932 N0432308
- Local note marc590
- Clark's copy just includes the Saginaw river cut out from the larger map.
- Accession No. 8419.
- Scan Date scan_date
1317 images/descriptions are openly available.
This map is in the public domain. Please attribute access and use of this digitized map to the Stephen S. Clark Library, University of Michigan Library.
- Add to Portfolio