Post route map of the states of Michigan and Wisconsin : with adjacent parts of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota / designed and constructed under the orders of John A.J. Creswell and Giles A. Smith by W.L. Nicholson.
About this Item
- Post route map of the states of Michigan and Wisconsin : with adjacent parts of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota / designed and constructed under the orders of John A.J. Creswell and Giles A. Smith by W.L. Nicholson.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Nicholson, W. L. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80007607 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80007607
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Poole, C. H. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89121541 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89121541
- McClelland, D. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n85188947 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n85188947
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- United States. Post Office Department. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80013583 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80013583
- [Washington, D.C.] : [Post Office Dept.], 1871.
- 1 map : hand color ; 105 x 141 cm
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Shows railroad lines.
- "Drawn by C.H. Poole. Engraved by D. McClelland."
- "The service on this diagram brought up to date of [April 1st, 1874]."
- Includes "General statistics," "Explanation of mail service," and table of distances.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Postal service Michigan Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85105472
- Postal service Wisconsin Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85105472
- Postal service. fast (OCoLC)fst01072885 http://id.worldcat.org/fast/fst01072885
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Michigan Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80046126 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80046126
- Wisconsin Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008117454
- Michigan. fast (OCoLC)fst01208387 http://id.worldcat.org/fast/fst01208387
- Wisconsin. fast (OCoLC)fst01204595 http://id.worldcat.org/fast/fst01204595
- Map Data
- Scale [1:633,600]. 10 miles to the in. (W 93°--W 82°/N 47°--N 41°).
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 633600 W0930000 W0820000 N0470000 N0410000
- Local note
- Clark copy is missing the half of the map showing Wisconsin.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 12552 x 16768
- File Size
- 18 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Post route map of the states of Michigan and Wisconsin : with adjacent parts of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota / designed and constructed under the orders of John A.J. Creswell and Giles A. Smith by W.L. Nicholson.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-013664818/39015091881139. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 03, 2023.