Geological Map No. 2 / prepared by J. S. Newberry M.D. geologist to the expedition.
About this Item
- Geological Map No. 2 / prepared by J. S. Newberry M.D. geologist to the expedition.
- Varying Form of Title
- Rio Colorado of the West.
- Explorations and Surveys, War Department, map no. 2.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Newberry, J. S. (John Strong), 1822-1892 geologist. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n85828867 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n85828867
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Ives, J. C., explorer. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603885 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603885
- Egloffstein, F. W., 1824-1885, topographer. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr93047013 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr93047013
- Humphreys, A. A. (Andrew Atkinson), 1810-1883, director. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n87804676 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n87804676
- Floyd, John B. (John Buchanan), 1806-1863, orderer. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n84005107 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n84005107
- Sartain, Samuel, 1830-1906, ruler. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr93003364 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr93003364
- Courtenay, F., letterer.
- Dahl, James, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2016011635 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|no2016011635
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- United States. Office of Explorations and Surveys. director. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr93039513 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr93039513
- [Washington] : Office of Explorations and Surveys, 1858.
- 1 map : col. ; 38 x 89 cm, folds to 27 x 18cm.
- Relief shown by shading and hachures.
- "Explorations and Surveys, War Department, map no. 2. Explored by 1st. Lieut. Joseph C. Ives, Topl. Engrs. under the direction of the Office of Explorations and Surveys, A.A. Humphreys, Capt. Topl. Engrs. in charge, by order of the Hon. John B. Floyd, Secretary of War ; drawn by Frhr. F.W. v. Egloffstein, topographer to the expedition."
- Colored to show different geological areas, with key along bottom border.
- Also shows routes of exploration.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85028687
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:760,320] (W 115°33'00"-- W 108°27'00"/N 37°15'00"-- N 34°30'00")
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 760320 W1153300 W1082700 N0371500 N0343000
- Local note
- Gift of James Dahl, 2012, no. 42.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 15640 x 7312
- File Size
- 8 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Geological Map No. 2 / prepared by J. S. Newberry M.D. geologist to the expedition.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-012536000/39015095391135. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed: May 28, 2022.
- Brief citatation
University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. UM Clark Library Maps. Accessed: May 28, 2022.