Colton's Utah & Colorado
About this Item
- Colton's Utah & Colorado
- Varying Form of Title
- Utah and Colorado
- Colton's Kansas
- Item Description
- Front - map no. 82
- Main Entry - Corporate Name
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n82118510 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n82118510
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth), 1827-1901. General atlas.
- Dahl, James, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2016011635 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|no2016011635
- New York : G.W. and C.B. Colton and Co., 
- 2 maps on 1 sheet: hand col. ; 29 x 36 cm on sheet 35 x 44 cm.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- In lower left-hand corner: 82.
- Has ornamental border.
- Longitude west from Greenwich on top, west from Washington on bottom.
- Shows 20 counties, including Greenwood.
- Inclusion of Greenwood County indicates publication date of between 1870 and 1874, since county was only in existence for a short time.
- Shows D. & R.G. and Kansas Pacific Railroad lines.
- Colorado River shown as both Bunkara and Grand River; Gunnison River shown as South Fork of Grand River.
- Shows part of Nevada as south of Utah (pre-Arizona).
- Included in Colton's General Atlas, Containing One Hundred And Eighty Steel Plate Maps And Plans, On One Hundred And Nineteen Imperial Folio Sheets, Drawn By G. Woolworth Colton... New York: G.W. & C.B. Colton, No. 172 William Street. 1874.
- On verso: No. 80 Colton's Kansas.
- Kansas: Includes county lines and approx. 80 counties, with established and proposed railroad lines marked.
- Kansas: "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1866 by G.W. & C.B. Colton in the Clerks office of the District of the United States for the Southern District of New York."
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Railroads Colorado Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85110904
- Railroads Utah Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85110904
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Colorado Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80125532 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80125532
- Utah Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79021759 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79021759
- Kansas Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79007369 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79007369
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:3,100,000] (W 114°00'00ʺ--W 102°00'00ʺ/N 42°00'00ʺ--N 36°00'00ʺ).
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 3100000 W1140000 W1020000 N0420000 N0360000
- a 1140480 W1020300 W0943500 N0400000 N0365900
- Local note
- Gift of James Dahl, 2012, no. 50.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 7600 x 6184
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Colton's Utah & Colorado". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-012527555/39015095390863_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 29, 2023.