Lacus Lemani vicinorumque locorum nova et accurata descriptio.
About this Item
- Lacus Lemani vicinorumque locorum nova et accurata descriptio.
- Varying Form of Title
- Lacvs lemani vicinorvmq locorvm nova et accvrata descriptio
- Item Description
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50036720 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50036720
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Hondius, Jodocus, 1594 or 1595-1629, cartographer. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80024771 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80024771
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. Appendix Atlas.
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603539 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603539
- [Amsterdam : Jan Jansson, 1636?]
- 1 map ; 35 x 47 cm.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Includes the inscription "Benevole lector F. Franciam, G. Genevam de notat. Haec volebam nescius ne esses. Vale et nostros conatus boni consule" and illustrations of ships and sea monsters on Lake Geneva.
- This state was published in atlases by Jan Jansson in 1630, 1631-33, and 1632.
- From the Jansson Appendix Atlas 1636-1680, title created to represent a unique collection within the Clark Library, University of Michigan.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Haute-Savoie (France) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80149001 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80149001
- Vaud (Switzerland) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79123645 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79123645
- Geneva (Switzerland : Canton) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50059907 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50059907
- Map Data
- Scale ca. 1:180,000 (E 5°56'34"--E 7°03'11"/N 46°37'20"--N 45°59'17").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 180000 E0055751 E0065617 N0463712 N0460015
- Local note
- Accession no. 7321.
- Manuscript no. 53 of 88 sheets numbered to "98."
- From the "Manuscript Style 1 (Ms1)" set of the Vignaud map collection.
- Watermark on left half of sheet shows coat of arms bearing a fleur-de-lis and topped with a crown.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 9080 x 7400
- File Size
- 6 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Lacus Lemani vicinorumque locorum nova et accurata descriptio.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-012520269/39015091191430_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 28, 2023.