Johnson's new military map of the United States showing the forts, military posts &c. with enlarged plans of southern harbors : From authentic data obtained at the War Department.
About this Item
- Johnson's new military map of the United States showing the forts, military posts &c. with enlarged plans of southern harbors : From authentic data obtained at the War Department.
- Item Description
- Main Entry - Corporate Name
- Johnson and Ward. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n83232736 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n83232736
- Washington : Johnson and Ward, 
- 1 map : col. ; 45 x 62 cm
- Later version of map of similar title published by Johnson & Browning in 1861. Retains original Johnson & Browning copyright of 1861.
- State boundaries shown in place of those of military districts, new border design, and minor changes to inset maps.
- Insets: New Orleans and delta of Mississippi, Louisiana -- Mobile Bay, Alabama -- Entrance to Pensacola Bay, Florida -- Key West, Florida -- Savannah River -- Charleston Harbor, S. Carolina -- Hampton Roads and Norfolk Harbor, Virginia -- Washington and vicinity -- Baltimore and vicinity.
- Text on verso presents geographical index for a Johnson atlas, of which this is numbered page 21.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- United States Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85140377
- United States History Civil War, 1861-1865 Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85140246
- New Orleans (La.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008108406
- Mobile Bay (Ala.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh87007056
- Pensacola Bay (Fla.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh90004975
- Key West (Fla.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80020818 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80020818
- Savannah River (Ga. and S.C.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85117746
- Charleston (S.C.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008114612
- Fort Sumter (Charleston, S.C.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85050902
- Hampton Roads (Va. : Harbor) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85058598
- Washington (D.C.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008117384
- Baltimore (Md.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008114352
- Map Data
- Scale 1:10,000,000. (W 125°48'00"--W 66°21'00"/N 49°00'00"--N 22°41'00")
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 10000000 W1254800 W0662100 N0490000 N0224100
- Local note
- Gift of Tom Beauvais, 2011.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 10800 x 7440
- File Size
- 8 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Johnson's new military map of the United States showing the forts, military posts &c. with enlarged plans of southern harbors : From authentic data obtained at the War Department.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-012512436/39015091195415_02. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 08, 2023.