- Title marc245
- Map no. 2 from Great Salt Lake to the Humboldt Mountains : from explorations and surveys made under the direction of the Hon. Jefferson Davis, Secretary of War / by Capt. E.G. Beckwith, 3d. Artillery ; F.W. Egloffstein, topographer for the route.
- Varying Form of Title marc246
- Explorations and surveys for a rail road route from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean.
- Main Entry - Corporate Name marc110
- United States. War Department.
- Added Entry - Personal Name marc700
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889, director.
- Beckwith, E. G. (Edward Griffin), 1826-1909, cartographer.
- Egloffstein, F. W., 1824-1885, topographer.
- Siebert, Selmar, printer.
- Dahl, James, former owner.
- Published marc260
- [Washington, D.C.] : [U.S. War Department],
- Washington, D.C. : Selmar Siebert's Engraving & Printing Establishment,
- Description marc300
- 1 map ; 54 x 46 cm
- Note marc500
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- Shows drainage, railroads, trails, Native American territories, and locations of historic events.
- From: Reports of Explorations and Surveys, to Ascertain the Most Practicable and Economical Route for a Railroad From the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term marc650
- Pacific railroads Explorations and surveys Maps.
- Railroads Utah Maps.
- Railroads Nevada Maps.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name marc651
- Utah Maps.
- Nevada Maps.
- Map Data marc255
- Scale approximately 1:760,320 or 12 miles to 1 in (W 115°30'00"-- W 111°24'00"/N 42°13'00"-- N 38°41'00").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data marc034
- a 760320 W1153000 W1112400 N0421300 N0384100
- Local note marc590
- Gift of James Dahl, 2012, no. 36.
- Scan Date scan_date
1735 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- Add to Portfolio