A new map of Louisiana with its canals, roads and distances from place to place along the stage and steam boat routes / by H.S. Tanner.
About this Item
- A new map of Louisiana with its canals, roads and distances from place to place along the stage and steam boat routes / by H.S. Tanner.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Tanner, Henry Schenck, 1786-1858. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50008687 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50008687
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Brose, W. engraver. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2008009366 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|no2008009366
- Dahl, James, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2016011635 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|no2016011635
- Philadelphia : H.S. Tanner, 1839.
- 1 map : col. ; 26 x 33 cm.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Engraved by W. Brose, Philadelphia.
- Longitude West from Washington.
- Inset map of New Orleans.
- Includes chart of steam boat routes, list of distances from New Orleans to various cities.
- Shows leading roads, existing and proposed canals and railroads,wetlands, and distances between towns.
- From Tanner's "A New Universal Atlas Containing Maps of the various Empires, Kingdoms, States and Republics Of The World", page 20.
- Below border at left: "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1839, by H.S. Tanner, in the Clerks Office of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Louisiana Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79138970 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79138970
- New Orleans (La.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008108406
- Map Data
- Scale 1:2,150,000 (W 94°03'--W 88°49'/N 33°01'--N 28°55').
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 2150000 W0940300 W0884900 N0330100 N0285500
- Local note
- Gift of James Dahl, 2012, no 31.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 7480 x 5768
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"A new map of Louisiana with its canals, roads and distances from place to place along the stage and steam boat routes / by H.S. Tanner.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-012475209/39015095390954. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed: June 30, 2022.
- Brief citatation
University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. UM Clark Library Maps. Accessed: June 30, 2022.