Map of London : made from an actual survey in the years 1824, 1825, & 1826 / by C. & J. Greenwood, extended and comprising the various improvements to 1830 ; engraved by Josiah Neele.
About this Item
- Map of London : made from an actual survey in the years 1824, 1825, & 1826 / by C. & J. Greenwood, extended and comprising the various improvements to 1830 ; engraved by Josiah Neele.
- Item Description
- Sheet 3
- Main Entry - Corporate Name
- C. & J. Greenwood. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n84195846 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n84195846
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Neele, Josiah. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr2003016351 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr2003016351
- Greenwood, C. (Christopher), 1786-1855. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n85064293 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n85064293
- Greenwood, J. (John), 1791-1867. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n87816875 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n87816875
- [London] : C. & J. Greenwood, 31st., Aug.t. 1830.
- 1 map on 6 sheets : col. ; 124 x 158 cm., each sheet 72 x 66 cm.
- Covers central London as well surrounding counties.
- Shows city and county boundaries, names of streets, drainage, names of churches, and other points of interest.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Dedication below title: "Humbly dedicated to His Most Gracious Majesty King William the Fourth by the proprietors. Green Wood & Co., Regent Street, Pall Mall."
- Engravings on sheet 4: [Westminster Cathedral] -- Sheet 6: [St. Paul's Cathedral].
- Includes "Explanation" table for points of interest & "References to the Parishes &c."
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- London Metropolitan Area Maps.
- London (England) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008116061
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:63,360] (W 0°12'04"--E 0°00'33"/N 51°33'13"--N 51°28'41").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 63360 W0001204 E0000033 N0513313 N0512841
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 11008 x 13000
- File Size
- 17 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Map of London : made from an actual survey in the years 1824, 1825, & 1826 / by C. & J. Greenwood, extended and comprising the various improvements to 1830 ; engraved by Josiah Neele.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-011266018/39015091186851. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 28, 2023.