A new description of the Shyres Lothian and Linlitquo / Be. T. Pont.
About this Item
- A new description of the Shyres Lothian and Linlitquo / Be. T. Pont.
- Varying Form of Title
- New description of the Shyres Lothian and Linlitqvo
- A new description of the Shyres Lothian and Linlitquo
- Item Description
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n82143592 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n82143592
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651. Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe.
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe.
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603539 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603539
- Pont, Timothy, 1560?-1614?, cartographer. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50021422 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50021422
- [Amsterdam : s.n., 163-].
- 1 map : 44 x 54 cm.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Includes pictorial representation of ships in the ocean.
- In decorative cartouche flanked by two cherubim with large open books and topped with the British coat of arms, "Serenissimo Potentissimoque Iacobo. I. Magnae Britanniae monarchae Franciae Hiberniae Regi D.D. T. Pont. Auct."
- This state was published in atlases by Jan Jansson and Henricus Hondius in 1630, 1636, and 1637.
- From the Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe, title created to represent a unique collection within the Clark Library, University of Michigan.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Lothian (Scotland) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80089420 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80089420
- East Lothian (Scotland) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n86015077 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n86015077
- West Lothian (Scotland) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n84195869 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n84195869
- Midlothian (Scotland) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n84174328 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n84174328
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:155,000] (W 3°41'35"-- W 2°30'05"/N 56°04'10"-- N 55°45'52").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 155000 W0034135 W0023005 N0560410 N0554552
- Local note
- Accession no. 43289.
- Manuscript no. 31 of 23 sheets numbered to "49."
- From the "Manuscript Style 3 (Ms3)" set of the Vignaud Map Collection.
- Includes a manuscript "Comte de Linlitquo, es Pays d'Edembourg" and a manuscript no. "12" which was written over by a "31."
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 8872 x 7328
- File Size
- 6 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"A new description of the Shyres Lothian and Linlitquo / Be. T. Pont.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-010349238/39015091192008_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 28, 2023.