Scotia regnum / Amstelodami, Apud Ioannem Ianssonium.
About this Item
- Scotia regnum / Amstelodami, Apud Ioannem Ianssonium.
- Varying Form of Title
- Scotia regnvm
- Item Description
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50036720 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50036720
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe.
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651. Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe.
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603539 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603539
- Amsterdam : [s.n., 163-].
- 1 map : 37 x 48 cm.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Inset map of Orcades Insvlae in upper right corner, 11 x 7 cm.
- Title cartouche is topped with the Scottish coat of arms (a lion), flanked by two unicorns. There are two flags and a lion wearing a helmet with a cross on it and holding a sword and a scepter. Beneath the title are two sheep with fish tails.
- There are ships in the ocean, and another coat of arms above the title cartouche.
- This state was published in atlases by Jan Jansson and Henricus Hondius in 1636, 1637, and 1680.
- From the Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe, title created to represent a unique collection within the Clark Library, University of Michigan.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Scotland Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79123936 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79123936
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:1,270,000] (W 8°00'00"-- W 0°43'00"/N 60°51'00"-- N 54°47'00").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 1270000 W0080000 W0004300 N0605100 N0544700
- Local note
- Accession no. 43285.
- Manuscript no. 27 of 23 sheets numbered to "49."
- From the "Manuscript Style (Ms3)" set of the Vignaud Map Collection.
- Includes a faded manuscript no. 8 and manuscript "Royaume d Ecosse" in top right corner of verso.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 8744 x 7248
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Scotia regnum / Amstelodami, Apud Ioannem Ianssonium.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-010348286/39015091192016_02. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 02, 2022.