Orcadum et Schetlandiae insularum accuratissima descriptio / Amstelodami, sumptibus Henrici Hondij.
About this Item
- Orcadum et Schetlandiae insularum accuratissima descriptio / Amstelodami, sumptibus Henrici Hondij.
- Varying Form of Title
- Orcadvm et Schetlandiae insvlarvm accuratissima descriptio
- Item Description
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n82143592 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n82143592
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe.
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651. Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe.
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603539 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603539
- Amsterdam : [s.n., 163-].
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : 45 x 55 cm.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Title cartouche has fish hanging from it. In the top left corner is Scotland's coat of arms (a lion) with a unicorn on either side and two flags. Numerous fishing ships dot the oceans.
- This state was published in atlases by Jan Jansson and Henricus Hondius in 1636 and 1637.
- From the Appendix Atlas of the British Isles and Northern Europe, title created to represent a unique collection within the Clark Library, University of Michigan.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Scotland Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79123936 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79123936
- Orkney (Scotland) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n81071458 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n81071458
- Shetland (Scotland) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n81097141 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n81097141
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:417,500] (W 3°33'00"-- W 2°21'00"/N 59°24'00"-- N 58°40'00").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 417500 W0033300 W0022100 N0592400 N0584000
- a 417500 W0020700 W0003900 N0605300 N0593000
- Local note
- Accession no. 43286.
- Manuscript no. 28 of 23 sheets numbered to "49."
- From the "Manuscript Style 3 (Ms3)" set of the Vignaud map collection.
- Includes manuscript "Isles Orcades et Schetlandea" and written over manuscript no. in top right corner of verso.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 8824 x 7248
- File Size
- 3 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Orcadum et Schetlandiae insularum accuratissima descriptio / Amstelodami, sumptibus Henrici Hondij.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-010348283/39015091191703_02. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 25, 2022.