Anglia Regnum / Amstelodami, Apud Ioannem Ianssonium.
About this Item
- Anglia Regnum / Amstelodami, Apud Ioannem Ianssonium.
- Varying Form of Title
- Anglia Regnvm
- Item Description
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50036720 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50036720
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. Appendix Atlas.
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603539 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603539
- Amsterdam : Ioannem Ianssonium, [1636?].
- 1 map ; 38 x 48 cm.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Ireland and Scotland are mostly blank, but labeled with some coastal cities, rivers, and their respective coats of arms (a harp for Ireland, a lion for Scotland).
- Title cartouche has two lamb heads and berries, and is topped with the Royal Arms of England (three lions). A crowned lion and a catlike dragon are next to it.
- Vignette in upper right shows lion with a crown and unicorn posing on either side of a coat of arms. Drawings of ships are on the ocean. Next to the scale in the lower right corner is a cherub and two lambs.
- This state was published in atlases by Jan Jansson in 1636, 1637, and 1680.
- From the Jansson Appendix Atlas 1636-1680, title created to represent a unique collection within the Clark Library, University of Michigan.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- England Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n82068148 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n82068148
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:1,750,000] (W 6°48'00"--E 2°24'00"/N 55°23'00"--N 49°40'00")
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 1750000 W0064800 E0022400 N0552300 N0494000
- Local note
- Accession no. 43313.
- Manuscript no. 2 of 88 sheets numbered to "98."
- From the "Manuscript Style 1 (Ms1)" set of the Vignaud map collection.
- Watermark on left half of sheet shows coat of arms bearing a fleur-de-lis and topped with a crown.
- Needs conservation treatment.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 9080 x 7320
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Anglia Regnum / Amstelodami, Apud Ioannem Ianssonium.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-010348251/39015091192107_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed March 27, 2023.