Johnson's new military map of the United States showing the forts, military posts & all the military divisions with enlarged plans of southern harbors / from authentic data obtained at the War Department, Washington ; Johnson & Browning.
About this Item
- Johnson's new military map of the United States showing the forts, military posts & all the military divisions with enlarged plans of southern harbors / from authentic data obtained at the War Department, Washington ; Johnson & Browning.
- Main Entry - Corporate Name
- Johnson & Browning. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n82010509 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n82010509
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Dahl, James, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2016011635 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|no2016011635
- New York : Johnson & Browning, 1861.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 31 x 49 cm., on sheet 46 x 66 cm.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington, D.C.
- Insets: New Orleans and delta of Mississippi, Louisiana -- Mobile Bay, Alabama -- Entrance to Pensacola Bay, Florida -- Key West, Florida -- Savannah River -- Charleston Harbor, S. Carolina -- Hampton Roads and Norfolk Harbor, Virginia -- Washington and vicinity -- Baltimore and vicinity.
- Possibly from Johnson's New Illustrated (Steel Plate) Family Atlas, With Physical Geography, And With Descriptions Geographical, Statistical, And Historical.
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year one thousand eight hundred & sixty one by Johnson & Browning in the Clerk's office of the District Court of the United States for the southern Distrct of New York."
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Military bases United States Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85085159
- Fortification United States Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85050919
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- United States History Civil War, 1861-1865 Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85140246
- New Orleans (La.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008108406
- Mobile Bay (Ala.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh87007056
- Pensacola Bay (Fla.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh90004975
- Key West (Fla.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80020818 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80020818
- Savannah River (Ga. and S.C.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85117746
- Charleston Harbor (S.C.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh91001632
- Hampton Roads (Va. : Harbor) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85058598
- Norfolk (Va.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008116361
- Washington (D.C.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008117384
- Baltimore (Md.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008114352
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:10,200,000] (W 125°--W 65°/N 50°--N 22°).
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 10200000 W1250000 W0650000 N0500000 N0220000
- Local note
- Gift of James Dahl, 2012, no. 46.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 10296 x 7512
- File Size
- 8 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Johnson's new military map of the United States showing the forts, military posts & all the military divisions with enlarged plans of southern harbors / from authentic data obtained at the War Department, Washington ; Johnson & Browning.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-009904499/39015095390855. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 01, 2023.