[Wilkes Exploring Expedition maps, 1841] / by the U.S. Ex. Ex., Charles Wilkes, Esqr., Commander ; U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Survey.
About this Item
- [Wilkes Exploring Expedition maps, 1841] / by the U.S. Ex. Ex., Charles Wilkes, Esqr., Commander ; U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Survey.
- Item Description
- Sheet 1 of 24 (No. 136)
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Wilkes, Charles, 1798-1877. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50017314 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50017314
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- National Ocean Survey. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79066401 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79066401
- [Washington, D.C.] : National Ocean Survey, [1977?]
- 38 maps on 27 sheets ; 86 x 88 cm. or smaller.
- Relief shown by hachures; depths shown by soundings.
- Binder's title.
- Sheets numbered 135 to 161.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Nautical charts Washington (State) Pacific Coast. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85090331
- Nautical charts Washington (State) Puget Sound. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85090331
- Nautical charts Columbia River. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85090331
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Northwest, Pacific Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85092604
- Canada, Western Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85019364
- Map Data
- Scales differ. (W 134°--W 102°/N 55°--N 40°).
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a W1340000 W1020000 N0550000 N0400000
- Local note
- From the Detroit Public Library Map Collection, 2009.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 15152 x 10800
- File Size
- 12 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"[Wilkes Exploring Expedition maps, 1841] / by the U.S. Ex. Ex., Charles Wilkes, Esqr., Commander ; U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Survey.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-008458875/39015091904253. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 16, 2022.