Map of Washtenaw County / S. W. Higgins, topographer to Geol. Surv. ; C. C. Douglass and Bela Hubbard, assistant geologists.
About this Item
- Map of Washtenaw County / S. W. Higgins, topographer to Geol. Surv. ; C. C. Douglass and Bela Hubbard, assistant geologists.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Higgins, Sylvester W. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr92027018 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr92027018
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Douglas, Columbus C., 1812-1874.
- Hubbard, Bela, 1814-1896. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n83196231 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n83196231
- Houghton, Douglass, 1809-1845. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr92024162 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr92024162
- Stone, William James, 1798-1865. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50010816 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50010816
- [S.l.] : Published under the direction of Douglass Houghton, state geologist, 
- 1 map : hand col. ; 42 x 55 cm.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Prime meridian: Washington and Greenwich.
- Shows locations of railroads, villages, post offices, saw mills, flour mills, roads and contains a description of some soils and surface features.
- "W. J. Stone sc. Washn. City."
- Includes a profile of the Central Railroad.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Washtenaw County (Mich.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008117401
- Map Data
- Scale [1:126,720]. 2 miles to 1 in. (W 84°08'02"--W 83°32'21"/N 42°26'06"--N 42°04'17")
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 126720 W0840802 W0833221 N0422606 N0420417
- Local note
- Needs conservation.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 10664 x 8736
- File Size
- 6 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Map of Washtenaw County / S. W. Higgins, topographer to Geol. Surv. ; C. C. Douglass and Bela Hubbard, assistant geologists.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-005041410/39015091184757. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 03, 2022.