Chart of the N. W. Coast of America and the N. E. Coast of Asia, explored in the years 1778 and 1779 / prepared by Lieut. Henry Roberts, under the immediate inspection of Capt. Cook.
About this Item
- Chart of the N. W. Coast of America and the N. E. Coast of Asia, explored in the years 1778 and 1779 / prepared by Lieut. Henry Roberts, under the immediate inspection of Capt. Cook.
- Varying Form of Title
- Chart of the north west coast of America and the north east coast of Asia
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Roberts, Henry. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n97844335 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n97844335
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Palmer, W.
- Faden, William, 1749-1836. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80050360 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80050360
- London : Wm. Faden, 1784.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 39 x 67 cm
- Relief shown pictorially. Soundings in fathoms.
- Also shows Pacific routes of Capt. James Cook in 1778 and 1779, with dates showing the distances covered.
- Engraved by W. Palmer.
- "July 24, 1784."
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Discoveries in geography British. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85038366
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Northwest Coast of North America Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85092610
- Canada, Western Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85019364
- Russian Far East (Russia) Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85125702
- Alaska Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79018447 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79018447
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:6,500,000] (E 152°16'00"--W 137°19'00"/N 72°33'00"--N 49°45'00").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 6500000 E1521600 W1371900 N0723300 N0494500
- Local note
- Accession no. 3015.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 11752 x 7680
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Chart of the N. W. Coast of America and the N. E. Coast of Asia, explored in the years 1778 and 1779 / prepared by Lieut. Henry Roberts, under the immediate inspection of Capt. Cook.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-004171111/39015091195522. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed March 21, 2023.