Port of San Francisco, strategic center of world trade : sea routes shown on the butterfly map invented by B.J.S. Cahill.
About this Item
- Port of San Francisco, strategic center of world trade : sea routes shown on the butterfly map invented by B.J.S. Cahill.
- Item Description
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Cahill, B. J. S. (Bernard J. S.), 1867-
- [San Francisco? : s.n., 1913?]
- 1 map : col. ; 22 x 40 cm
- "Pat. 2-25-13."
- Text and steamboat timetables on verso.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Butterfly map.
- Shipping Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2010112980
- Steamboat lines Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85127728
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:120,000,000] ; Butterfly projection (E 180°00'00"--W 180°00'00"/N 90°00'00"--S 90°00'00").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 120000000 W1800000 E1800000 N0900000 S0900000
- Local note
- MiU copy lacks text and timetables on verso. In lower left corner "28883 19-23 5M". California State Printing Office, Sacramento. "Map of the World on th Butterfly Projection, showing the Port of San Francisco as a world center. Straight lines on this projection represent great circles and will scale true to distance in any direction." Accession no. 114254.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 7536 x 4332
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Port of San Francisco, strategic center of world trade : sea routes shown on the butterfly map invented by B.J.S. Cahill.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-003608693/39015095414390_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 03, 2023.