Typus Hispaniae / ab Hesselo Gerardo delineata.
About this Item
- Typus Hispaniae / ab Hesselo Gerardo delineata.
- Varying Form of Title
- Typvs Hispaniae
- Item Description
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Almada, André Alvares d', fl. 1594
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Gerritsz, Hessel, approximately 1581-1632. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n82143125 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n82143125
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n82143592 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n82143592
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. Appendix Atlas.
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603539 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603539
- Amsterdam : Henricus Hondius, [1636?]
- 1 map ; 35 x 48 cm.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Includes coat of arms of Spain and illustrations of ships in the ocean.
- This state was published in the Atlantis Maioris Appendix atlas by Henricus Hondius in 1631.
- From the Jansson Appendix Atlas 1636-1680, title created to represent a unique collection within the Clark Library, University of Michigan.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Spain Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79006971 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79006971
- Portugal Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80049716 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80049716
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:2,800,000]. W 9°46'00"-E 4°06'00"/N 44°00'00"-N 35°47'00"
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 2800000 W0094600 E0040600 N0440000 N0354700
- Local note
- Accession no. 54407.
- Manuscript no. 30 of 88 sheets numbered to "98."
- From the "Manuscript Style 1 (Ms1)" set of the Vignaud map collection.
- Watermark on left half of sheet shows coat of arms bearing a fleur-de-lis and topped with a crown.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 9072 x 7456
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Typus Hispaniae / ab Hesselo Gerardo delineata.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-003288928/39015091191687_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 06, 2023.