Germaniae : post omnes in hoc forma / Claes Janssen Visscher.
About this Item
- Germaniae : post omnes in hoc forma / Claes Janssen Visscher.
- Varying Form of Title
- Item Description
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50036720 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50036720
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Visscher, Claes Jansz., 1586 or 1587-1652, cartographer. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80024100 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80024100
- Jansson, Jan, 1588-1664. Atlantis Maioris Appendix, 1630.
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603539 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603539
- [Amsterdam ]: Ianssen Visscher, 1634.
- 1 map ; 34 x 46 cm.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Border of map includes views of cities, costumes, and arms of German principalities.
- Illustrations include cherubs with fruit and a chalice around the title cartouche and ships on the ocean.
- From "Atlantis maioris appendix", Johannes Janssonius, 1630.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Heraldry Germany. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2009126284
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Germany Maps Early works to 1800. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n80125931 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n80125931
- Map Data
- Scale [ ca. 1:3,300,000] (E 2°23'00"-- E 21°26'00"/N 54°53'00"-- N 45°33'00").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 3300000 E0022300 E0212600 N0545300 N0453300
- Local note
- Accession no. 54372.
- Manuscript no. 12 of 34 sheets numbered to "62."
- From the "Manuscript Style 2 (Ms2)" set of the Vignaud map collection.
- Conservation job no. 2008.104.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 9376 x 7792
- File Size
- 7 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Germaniae : post omnes in hoc forma / Claes Janssen Visscher.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-003284807/39015091194111_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed November 29, 2022.