Geological map of Keweenaw Point, Lake Superior, Michigan / by J. W. Foster & J. D. Whitney ; S. W. Hill and W. Schlatter, assistants.
About this Item
- Geological map of Keweenaw Point, Lake Superior, Michigan / by J. W. Foster & J. D. Whitney ; S. W. Hill and W. Schlatter, assistants.
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Foster, J. W. (John Wells), 1815-1873. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr90009436 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr90009436
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Whitney, J. D. (Josiah Dwight), 1819-1896. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n85369281 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n85369281
- Hill, S. W. (Samuel Worth), 1815-1889. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2009039555 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|no2009039555
- Schlatter, Wm. (William) http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n87896607 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n87896607
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- P.S. Duval & Co. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50065412 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n50065412
- Philadelphia : P. S. Duval's Steam Press, 
- 1 map : hand col. ; 28 x 56 cm.
- Relief shown by spot heights and hachures; depths shown by soundings.
- Shows mineral lands, mines, and furnaces.
- Appears in: Jackson, Charles T. Report of the geological and mineralogical survey of the mineral lands of the United States in the state of Michigan. Washington, 1849. between p. 624 and 625.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Geology Michigan Keweenaw Peninsula Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85054037
- Copper mines and mining Michigan Keweenaw Peninsula Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85032377
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Keweenaw Peninsula (Mich.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85072110
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:172,000] (W 88°47'08"--W 87°34'27"/N 47°31'04"--N 47°06'26").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 172000 W0884708 W0873427 N0473104 N0470626
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 9032 x 5040
- File Size
- 6 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Geological map of Keweenaw Point, Lake Superior, Michigan / by J. W. Foster & J. D. Whitney ; S. W. Hill and W. Schlatter, assistants.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-003280251/39015091881220. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed June 01, 2023.