Survey for a ship canal to connect the Lakes Erie & Ontario, Lockport route / Surveyed under the direction of Capt. W.G. Williams, U.S. Top. Engs., by Lieuts. T.F. Drayton & J.G. Reed ; drawn by Lieut. J.G. Reed.
About this Item
- Survey for a ship canal to connect the Lakes Erie & Ontario, Lockport route / Surveyed under the direction of Capt. W.G. Williams, U.S. Top. Engs., by Lieuts. T.F. Drayton & J.G. Reed ; drawn by Lieut. J.G. Reed.
- Varying Form of Title
- Survey for a ship canal to connect Lakes Erie and Ontario Lockport route
- Item Description
- Profile, part 1 of 2
- Main Entry - Personal Name
- Williams, W. G. (William G.), -1846. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr92018566 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|nr92018566
- Added Entry - Corporate Name
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79038411 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79038411
- [Washington, D.C.? : s.n.], 1835.
- 1 map on 2 sheets ; sheets 67 x 85 cm
- Relief shown by hachures.
- "Map no. 3."
- Shows canal survey from Kempville (Olcott)on Lake Ontario through Lockport to Tonawanda on the Niagara R.
- Map drawn in 3 segments.
- Direction arrows pointing south.
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term
- Canals New York (State) Surveys Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85019433
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- Niagara Canal (N.Y. : Proposed) Maps.
- Map Data
- Scale [1:15,840]. 4 in. to 5280 ft. (W 78°55'40"--W 78°38'10"/N 43°20'41"--N 42°59'55").
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 15840 W0785540 W0783810 N0432041 N0425955
- Local note
- Accession nos. 4065 and 4066.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 9560 x 11576
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Survey for a ship canal to connect the Lakes Erie & Ontario, Lockport route / Surveyed under the direction of Capt. W.G. Williams, U.S. Top. Engs., by Lieuts. T.F. Drayton & J.G. Reed ; drawn by Lieut. J.G. Reed.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-003279636/39015091904071_01. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 08, 2022.