Military reconnaissance of the Arkansas, Rio del Norte and Rio Gila / by W.H. Emory.
About this Item
- Military reconnaissance of the Arkansas, Rio del Norte and Rio Gila / by W.H. Emory.
- Main Entry - Corporate Name
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n79069640 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n79069640
- Added Entry - Personal Name
- Emory, William H. (William Hemsley), 1811-1887. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n87872571 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n87872571
- Welch, Joseph.
- Vignaud, Henry, 1830-1922, former owner. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n89603539 http://viaf.org/viaf/sourceID/LC|n89603539
- Baltimore : E. Weber & co., lith., 1847.
- 1 map ; 76 x 165 cm
- Published to accompany 30th Cong., 1st sess., Ex. doc. 41 (serial no. 517).
- Shows daily route, connecting roads, settlements and physical features observed by party.
- Includes a table of geographical positions and barometric profile of the routes.
- "Assisted from Fort Leavenworth to Santa Fe by Lieut. J. W. Abert and W. G. Peck, and from Santa Fe to San Diego on the Pacific by Lietu. W. H. Warner and Mr. Norman Bestor, made in 1846-7, with the advance guard of the Army of the West, under command of Brig. Gen. Stephn. W. Kearny. Constructed under the orders of Col. J.J. Abert Ch. Corps Top. Engrs. 1847."
- "Drawn by Joseph Welch."
- "Engraved on stone by E. Weber& Co., Baltimore."
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name
- West (U.S.) Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2008117427
- West (U.S.) Discovery and exploration Maps. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85146140
- Map Data
- Scale1:1,520,640 (W 122°51'00"--W 93°00'00"/N 39°00'00"--N 30°00'00")
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data
- a 1520640 W1225100 W0930000 N0390000 N0300000
- Local note
- Accession no. 8710.
- From the Vignaud collection.
- Scan Date
- Record No.
- UM Clark Library Maps
- Image Size
- 28672 x 13773
- File Size
- 12 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- More Item Details
- Catalog Record
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Military reconnaissance of the Arkansas, Rio del Norte and Rio Gila / by W.H. Emory.". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/c/clark1ic/x-003279588/39015091905607_0001. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed June 01, 2023.