- Title marc245
- New Buffalo and the marshes of Lake Pottowottomee at the mouth of the Galien River, Michigan shewing the facilities for constructing a harbor of refuge / from survey made in September 1857 by assistant John R. Mayer, under the direction of Brevet Lieut. Col. J.D. Graham Major, U.S.Top. Engineers. Superintending Engineer of Lake Harbor Works.
- Added Entry - Personal Name marc700
- Graham, J. D. (James Duncan), 1799-1865.
- Mayer, John R.
- Added Entry - Corporate Name marc710
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Published marc260
- Chicago : Lith. of Ed. Mendel,c[1857?]
- Description marc300
- 1 map ; 65 x 101 cm
- Note marc500
- "The soundings are in feet & tenths of a foot."
- "The figures on land express the elevations above the lake surface in feet and decimals. The horizontal curves or contour lines are drawn at intervals of 3 feet of perpendicular elevation."
- "Accompanying Lt. Colonel J.D. Graham's annual report (no. 200) to Chief Top. Engineer, dated Chicago, September 30th 1857."
- "Map G. No. 54."
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term marc650
- Harbors Michigan New Buffalo Maps.
- Subject Added Entry - Geographic Name marc651
- Galien River (Mich.) Maps.
- Map Data marc255
- Scale 1:2,400. 200 ft. to one in. (W 86°44'36ʺ--W 86°42'36ʺ/N 41°47'24ʺ--N 41°47'24ʺ)
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data marc034
- a 2400 W0864436 W0864436 N0414724 N0414724
- Scan Date scan_date
1317 images/descriptions are openly available.
This map is in the public domain. Please attribute access and use of this digitized map to the Stephen S. Clark Library, University of Michigan Library.
- Add to Portfolio