- Title marc245
- Geological map of the United States and part of Canada / compiled by C.H. Hitchcock for the American Institute of Mining Engineers to illustrate the schemes of coloration and nomenclature recommended by the International Geological Congress.
- Main Entry - Personal Name marc100
- Hitchcock, Charles H. (Charles Henry), 1836-1919.
- Published marc260
- [New York?] : American Institute of Mining Engineers,
- Description marc300
- 1 map : col., mounted on cloth ; 43 x 70 cm
- Note marc500
- "Compiled under the direction of Henry Gannett, E. M."
- "Based by permission of the Director of the U.S. Geological Survey, upon the map published in his Fifth Annual Report ... For further explanations, see Prof. Hitchcock's paper on "The geological map of the United States", in the Transactions of the Institute."
- Subject Added Entry - Topical Term marc650
- Geology United States Maps.
- Map Data marc255
- Scale [ca. 1:7,000,000] (W 125°--W 66°53'/N 49°--N 24°30')
- Coded Cartographic Mathematical Data marc034
- a 7000000 W1250000 W0665300 N0490000 N0243000
- Scan Date scan_date
1735 images/descriptions are openly available.
The University of Michigan Library provides access to these materials for educational and research purposes. These materials are believed to be in the public domain in the United States; however, if you decide to use any of these materials, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the collection, please contact Clark Library for Maps Digital Collections Help. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact Library Information Technology.
DPLA No Copyright - United States
- Add to Portfolio